Privacy Notice - protecting your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION I COLLECT
- Mobile number
- Email Address
WHEN I COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
There are a few occasions when I might collect information from you. These include when:
- You first call or email me to make an enquiry about my services or to make an appointment to meet me.
- You give me information face to face if we meet on any occasion
- You attend your first session and sign the Therapy Agreement and fill out the Intake Form.
I will not collect this information from you at any other time. This information is collected from you via the contact form.
HOW I PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
I am an experienced counsellor/therapist fully trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality. I go to great lengths to keep all your information safe. I invest in the appropriate resources to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. I make sure I manage it in accordance with my legal responsibilities under applicable data protection laws.
However, no internet-based platform, including email, is 100% secure so I cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond my control. When I communicate via email, there is always the possibility that email platforms can be hacked; or email transmission may not be encrypted when corresponding back and forth. I remain mindful of this and ensure that I do everything in my capability to protect your personal information.
HOW I USE AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
After I have received your information, there are a few ways in which I might use it to ensure I give you the best possible service. They include:
- to help me to identify when you contact me.
- to contact you to make, confirm, cancel or reschedule appointments.
- to respond to any queries or complains that you raise.
- If I have a legal obligation to use or disclose information about you for instance, where I am ordered by a court or regulatory authority.
- For any other purpose to which you agree.